Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM…
(06-14-2021, 12:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am glad this came out now...this franchise needs all the pressure this offseason as it is a make or break point for the franchise for maybe the next 10 years.   

I am sure there is another side of the story, but it certainly appears their is a Voulgaris faction and a Donnie/Carlisle faction.   And Cuban may be the biggest issue of them all.   This front office has clearly looked out of whack for the past two offseasons.  Botched communication in trades, weird moves, near misses, poor decisions on guys they didn't even get, etc.

One thing that Cuban hates more than others is bad press. Dude loves his image as a cool owner that's hip and with it. If he's seen as a buffoon running a circus he'll be motivated to make changes fast.

At least I hope so...

My confidence in Cuban has never been lower. Dude is still basking in his lone championship as it's an timeless validation medal for his way of thinking.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Athletic: Inside the Mavericks front office, Mark Cuban’s shadow GM… - by SleepingHero - 06-14-2021, 12:13 PM