Poll: Grade the F.O.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
6.52%
3 6.52%
B
6.52%
3 6.52%
C
26.09%
12 26.09%
D
28.26%
13 28.26%
F
32.61%
15 32.61%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years
(06-06-2021, 09:41 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: The NBA is a game of stars. The coach could not figure out how to integrate Luka and KP. He could not figure out how to run a certain number of plays with KP as the primary option. 

Is that all RC’s fault? Obviously not. KP and to a certain extent Luka also deserves blame along with Donnie.  However the coach absolutely deserves scrutiny on that. KP for all his flaws is still more irreplaceable than the head coach. That is just the reality of the NBA. I would rather see if another coach can try to make this combo work before giving up KP.  If that fails and the loss in trying that out was that we judged RC too harshly, that is fine. As I said, the NBA is a star driven league.  Even Pops needed a Duncan or a Kawhi.

I find the issue of replacing Rick to be waaaaaaay too dicey to look at it that way. KP looks like a steaming heap of crap right now. There is some slight possibility that a full offseason helps him get back to what he way before, but I'm not going to trust the MBT to hire the right guy to replace Rick, and if KP is still $hit on a shingle next year, then you're out your quite-good-if-not-great coach *and* wasted another year of Luka on trying to make KP work.

My sense it that the only coach in the NBA whom I would trust to rehabilitate KP efficaciously back to what he was in the bubble last year is Pop. My gut hunch is that he's going to get the chance to do that, but not as coach of the Dallas Mavericks.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rate Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban's job performance over the last 2 years - by Scott41theMavs - 06-06-2021, 09:48 PM