Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 6.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Clippers
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 7: DAL (3-4) @ LAC (4-3) | 111-126 loss
(06-06-2021, 05:42 PM)audiosway Wrote: It's just going to take a little time to build a contender. They aren't built overnight. No matter how good the star is. Great season this year. They just took the NBA's most talented roster to 7 games.

The Richardson trade didn't work out. However, they were just trying to add more defense. If they hadn't done that people would be complaining that they didn't make any moves to upgrade the defense.

KP has been inconsistent at best. THJ is the same way. Great shooter when he's hot. But, when he's not it's pretty bad. He is really a 6th man. The biggest needs are a big man rim protector and a 2 guard. This reminds me a whole lot of watching the early years with MJ. They just need to get better fitting pieces in there. And doing that is always an experiment. If it was as easy as it looks there would be a whole lot more successful teams out there. You can do all the planning in the world and you never 100% truly know how it will turn out.

The reason this feels like a wasted year is that the team took no step forward.  Last season at least we could speculate that a healthy KP might have made a difference against the Clippers.  If we had won the first round we could at least hang out hat on that. Instead we lose after taking a 2-0 lead and we are not sure anymore if KP is a legit 2nd star. We have Luka just like we did last year but this year feels like a huge step backwards due to the KP questions 

if I were Cuban I would ask some serious questions about RC and about this front office. Or he can wait till Luka gets tired and asks out. Then it would be too late to ask any serious questions.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND 1, GAME 7: DAL (3-3) @ LAC (3-3) | Jun 6, 2:30 pm | Mavs 6.5 pt & 6.5 pt dogs - by hakeemfaan - 06-06-2021, 08:12 PM