Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
12 85.71%
Clippers
14.29%
2 14.29%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (3-3) @ DAL (3-3) | 97-104 loss
(06-04-2021, 02:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Here are some guesses for tonight. I've alread mentioned one, but I'll put it here too:
  • DP starts
  • Luka/DP pnr is featured for chunks of this game (like at the end of the 3rd in game 5)
  • Rick has some other card to play just for this game. Lou has made adjustments from game to game, but not sure if he's been able to adjust much in game. So Rick's gotta test that. 
What are yours?
OK, I'll bite. 

Will RC stick with the twin towers approach throughout the game? If not, does he go micro at points?

Don't think it matters all that much which big guy starts. But who is on the court at the end of the game if it's close? Starting lineup with Powell instead of Bobi?

Will foul trouble be an important factor for either or both teams? It sidelined KP in Game 5 for almost the whole second quarter. It really hurt the Clips too, with PG. If so, I guess it's just next man up? Or, will they be coached not to be aggressive if they're one foul away from being sidelined? Will players in foul trouble be allowed to play on? That backfired for the Mavs in Game 5, but I could see Lue leaving PG on the floor in Game Six if he's in that boat again. 

If the Clippers elect to adjust by doubling Luka for much of the game, you hope the role players can make them pay. But if they're cold, do the Mavs try to feature KP offensively, or just keep hoping their threes fall?

Tend to think we will see all 5 bigs get minutes in this one, unless the strategy just collapses. 

Tim Hardaway needs to have a very good game. Hopefully, his dad will be Cuban's limo guy. 

Can DFS guard Kawhi effectively two nights in a row? If not, do they concentrate their defensive efforts on Kawhi, and just try to keep PG out of the paint as much as they can?

They can't over-react to a few made threes by the Clippers role players. But if their zone defense is broken, do the Mavs go all-in on offense and make it a shootout?

Does Rick have any more tricks up his sleeve? For that matter, does Lue?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ROUND 1, GAME 6: LAC (2-3) @ DAL (3-2) | Jun 4, 8 pm | Mavs 1.5 pt & 2.5 pt dogs - by mavsluvr - 06-04-2021, 04:05 PM