Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What lineup changes would you make?
I think its possible that nothing will work but the one thing that is *different* enough to maybe make an impact good or bad is Powell starting in place of Maxi. Maxi is just a zero at both ends right now. Powell has shown that he can be an effective starter and maybe even Rick's preferred starter for most matchups (especially regular season).

DP obviously adds a vertical threat and his constant screen setting and energy will help get the offense moving again. The Mavs best chance to win this series is probably to outscore the Clippers and hope Luka can outshine the Clippers' stars.

On defense it's a challenge with KP and Powell both having to stretch out to the perimeter. THJ, DFS get blown by easily so I am not sure what to do other than try to scheme to crowd the paint and give up 3s. This could also be a losing strategy in that the Clips are the best 3 point shooting team in the league. You will try to close out on them but giving up layups all game is an even worse strategy. I think you try to build a wall and force outside shots or jumpers. I would rather die by outside shot than a layup line and free throws.

I also think DP + Luka on offense could force more fouls. Really to be honest with it if you can scheme a way to get KL or George in foul trouble, that might be your best bet. They have both been hot for 4 games now so at least one of them (probably PG) is due for an off night shooting. Mavs just have to cut down on penetration. I know their team is not good individually so they have to pack the paint as a group and dare guys to shoot. I don't see another way around it. Sometimes teams don't shoot well outside when the pressure is on. It's easier to shoot a layup than a 3 pointer.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What lineup changes would you make? - by StepBackJay - 05-31-2021, 07:02 PM