Poll: Who will win the game? (Celts 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
51.85%
14 51.85%
Celtics
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ BOS (8-1) | 106-116 loss
(11-12-2019, 07:56 AM)omahen Wrote: Do you think this is because of Luka (he wants ball all the time?) or because of "the other guys" being too affraid to take responsibility and create on their own when he is in?

This is a really good question, and honestly looking at the guys Luka plays with, you have 

Curry- Best as a spot up shooter, but can create in limited opportunities
DFS- Dude can't put the ball on the floor without getting it stripped. Can only spot up, and even then he's streaky. But hey great rebounder!
ActionJax- Barely gets any chances to create, and I think that might be for the best.
Powell- Yeah....
Kleber- yeahx2

Kristaps is the only other dude that can kinda "create" but even then that's not his strongsuit. He needs to be set up, and have plays ran for him. Something Carlisle has yet to do well imo.

Wright is the only other legit playmaker on the team. Brunson as well but he's less consistent. 

This isn't the first game I'm left thinking we need another creator and more importantly a perimeter defender. The only one that is really available AND is still pretty elite is none other than everyone's favorite CP3. His contract might be top 5 worst in the league, but he really does fill a desperate role this team needs. And it might just be why we could get him for just Lee and tank commander THJ. 

If we had CP3 this game I'm convinced we would've won. He's smart enough to know how to guard Kemba on the perimeter. I'm just wary that he'll clash with Carlisle and we'll be stuck with Rondo 2.0 except for 3 years.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ BOS (8-1) | 106-116 loss - by SleepingHero - 11-12-2019, 09:21 AM