Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Kings
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss
Watching this game I just kept saying, when are they going to take Maxi out? That may have been the worst game I’ve seen an individual play this season. He was annihilated on defense, provided no offense, and generally fumbled and stumbled around. Maxi will eventually find his way back, but this has been a brutal stretch of games for him.  I can’t believe I’m saying this, but maybe it’s time to give Powell a chance.

As for the team, what can you say. The main discussion on the broadcast was the tendency of the Mavs to get off to slow starts.  The answers given veered toward ridiculous pop psychology.  The real reason is simple. The Mavs just don’t have the right people starting the game. You need at least three good offensive players; the Mavs start with two. It’s time to make a change and move Brunson up and the flop to the bench. That’s the only card left to play in this disappointing season. JRich is gone anyway, so I really wouldn’t worry about his ego. My only hope left for the season is that the Mavs don’t end up ceding a lottery pick to the Knicks. That would be the ultimate disaster—until free agency allows Luka to join a team that knows how to put a respectable team around a transcendent player. The Mavs obviously haven’t figured that out in this era of basketball with two completely wasted offseasons in a row. I count zero useful players from those offseasons. 

The Mavs need to get their stuff together, fast.  That starts with moving Powell and Brunson into the starting lineup and Maxi and JRich to the bench.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss - by ThisIStheYear - 04-19-2021, 12:05 AM