Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Kings
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss
(04-18-2021, 10:56 PM)cow Wrote: The roster construction just feels broken and you are spot on with one dimensional players in the starting lineup.   I also really hate what our offense has become.  Drive to the basket (where we don't get calls) or kick for a brick (3PT).  I still have a hard time putting a ton of blame on KP.  I don't think this is who he was in New York and I don't think injuries have diminished him as severely as what his output is with the Mavs.  I do firmly believe that one or both of KP/Carlisle need to go.  This experiment isn't working and there should be ramifications.  As far as looking lost tonight, I agree but I just think it's hard to gain confidence with how he's being deployed.

The good news is that a heft portion of the KP tax will be paid this summer when that FRP convey and Timmy expires.  The bad news is we have a ton of spots to fill on this roster and only 2-3 players, depending at how you see Jalen, as starting caliber players.

I've been waffling back and forth with the idea that RC is just not the right coach for this team. He's been underperforming as a coach all season. The offense has sputtered. The defense has been so inconsistent. 

There are already cracks showing with Luka getting extremely frustrated at end of game choices. It's happened 3 times this year already where RC makes the wrong call and the Mavs lose at the buzzer, and Lula is standing at mid court swearing like a sailor. 

KP has voiced his frustrations with the coaching staff too this season. Saying he wants more minutes in the first to get a rhythm, more touches to feel involved, more movement on offense so he doesn't get shut out. 

It hasn't helped that once RC actually implemented the exact changes KP asked, he's looked 100x better. 

RC is a very good coach. His X's and O's are top tier. But it's evident to me that he's become a bit stale. The offense looks terrible. I hope he's saving some magical shit for the playoffs but I fear the Mavs may not even make it there at this rate.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: SAC (22-34) @ DAL (30-25) | Apr 18, 6:30 pm | Mavs 8.5 pt & 8.0 pt favs - by SleepingHero - 04-18-2021, 11:38 PM