Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Kings
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss
(04-18-2021, 11:07 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: With no draft pick this year, limited draft capital to trade, limited trade assets all around, and a poor FA class coming up, the only way to kick start a rebuild is to trade KP. You should be able to get at least two starters and a project or pick for him. 

The Mavs just don't have the assets, cap room, and opportunity to build a team with a decent starting lineup and a little depth around Luka and KP. At least not for next year. I have now officially joined the sky-is-falling crowd who believe that 1) there's no freaking way the Mavs avoid the playin, and 2) there's no freaking way they survive the playin. It's going to be major egg on the franchise's face when we have the seventh seed and can't make the playoffs, and it's going to look even worse when the league uses our lottery pick to gift wrap a top pick to the Knicks. KP gotta go. Perhaps Donnie and/or Rick as well.

I don't have a lot of faith in the MBT executing either.  I've been doing a lot of thinking about last years team and this years team and which one I think is better.  Maybe it was just an outlier shooting season, but I'd take the previous years team.  Maybe it's a push but it's hard to argue against the MBT being stuck in the mud with this team.

I've been thinking about Jalen a lot lately.  He's made the biggest jump this season and is probably the lone bright spot beyond Lukamania.  Are we confident we can resign him after next year?  Would you consider trading him?  New York seems to have interest.  Though the Mavs and draft picks is nightmare fuel.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: SAC (22-34) @ DAL (30-25) | Apr 18, 6:30 pm | Mavs 8.5 pt & 8.0 pt favs - by cow - 04-18-2021, 11:18 PM