Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
85.71%
6 85.71%
Kings
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 56: SAC (23-34) @ DAL (30-26) | 107-121 loss
(04-18-2021, 09:49 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: I get on Luka’s case a lot too usually for the same things but he was playing hard today. Yes the unit that got them back was with both KP and Luka taking a rest. 

The problem on offense and you could see it so glaringly today is that other than Brunson and Luka, we have a bunch of one dimensional players.  DFS played well but Sac was pretty much sitting for the pass out on every possession. KP looked lost and while Dwight gave effort, he is a liability on offense. 

The guards could do nothing with Fox. The lead was not dwindling. Everyone including KP was passing it back out to Luka and asking him to do something. At that point I cannot blame Luka for just starting to jack up some shots. Plus when he got that tech it was looking like a lost cause anyway. We were just not stopping Fox or even Davis.

The roster construction just feels broken and you are spot on with one dimensional players in the starting lineup.   I also really hate what our offense has become.  Drive to the basket (where we don't get calls) or kick for a brick (3PT).  I still have a hard time putting a ton of blame on KP.  I don't think this is who he was in New York and I don't think injuries have diminished him as severely as what his output is with the Mavs.  I do firmly believe that one or both of KP/Carlisle need to go.  This experiment isn't working and there should be ramifications.  As far as looking lost tonight, I agree but I just think it's hard to gain confidence with how he's being deployed.

The good news is that a heft portion of the KP tax will be paid this summer when that FRP convey and Timmy expires.  The bad news is we have a ton of spots to fill on this roster and only 2-3 players, depending at how you see Jalen, as starting caliber players.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 56: SAC (22-34) @ DAL (30-25) | Apr 18, 6:30 pm | Mavs 8.5 pt & 8.0 pt favs - by cow - 04-18-2021, 10:56 PM