Poll: Who will win the game? (Celts 4.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
51.85%
14 51.85%
Celtics
48.15%
13 48.15%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
GAME 10: DAL (6-4) @ BOS (8-1) | 106-116 loss
I've said it a million times. Powell is not an NBA starter, on any team. He can't defend, he can't shoot, he is bullied by every C or PF inside. He is a one trick pony, just able to dunk on an alley oop. 

Boban on other hand looks great. He makes Luka better, sets so many good screens, and Luka makes him better as well. Those two are the most powerful one two punch so far on our roster. 

The lineup with Boban and KP was so far the most prolific! Need to see more of that. 

Kleber has been outstanding, easy one of our best players. His defense is top notch and he can shoot. Several levels better than Powell really. KP has been outstanding defender as well, despite often struggling on offense. 

The starters more and more look like this: 

Wright
Luka
Jackson
KP
Boban 

That team is going to be a problem for anyone. Defensively strong and offensively a nightmare with Boban setting screens for Luka and KP being around. Might be that Curry is better option than Wright due to having a shooter like him can make a difference. Jackson is our best SF.

(11-10-2019, 07:51 AM)Lennon Wrote: Pls...

Powell is no starter. He cant defend anyone!

We look so much better when he is not playing. KP also looks better when DP is not on the floor. His numbers went down immediately when Powell returned. 

For starters, wanting to build a contender, you cant have one dimensional players. Powell is absolutely horrible on defense and shooting. Cant have that in your PF and expect great results. 

Need to significantly increase Klebers minutes and decrease Powells. Boban needs to play A LOT more, as much as he can handle from stamina. Need to involve JJ much more as well, he is multidimensional player for sure. He has the inside floater, and his shot is developing, he has the range to become a factor on defense.

(11-09-2019, 11:48 PM)Branduil Wrote: Mavs will need to play their best game of the season to win this, even with Hayward out. Our bigs need to dominate inside since that's Boston's one major weakness.

Bring in Bobi! 

Bobi and Kleber, and our paint is safe and secure! Powell to the bench. 

On offense, we need Luka to continue the great play and we need Seth to continue to make those catch and shoot like he did agains Memphis. 

Not worried about offense at all, but we really need play Boban and Maxi more to defensively improve us.

I think Mavs win this one. I voted for Knicks upsetting us in that game, since I thought it was a trap game for us, an expected win, however we never really completely dominated any opponent until that point. 

However, Mavs are also too strong to be dominated by others. Boston is strong but they wouldnt have that record if they were in the West. Its going to be a close game, but  I think now is the time the Mavs pull off an "upset". I think Mavs are just as good, but we need a great day from Luka and defensively stand stronger, then I dont see any chance for Celtics to win this one.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 10: DAL (6-3) @ BOS (7-1) | Nov 11, 6:30 pm - by burekemde - 11-10-2019, 08:40 AM