Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem
(04-02-2021, 02:51 PM)soog Wrote: 1) I think he needs to be on a team where the ball moves a lot to tap into his full value as a scorer and a facilitator.  I think that’s why he has had so much brief success next to Luka.  Heck I could see him struggling with our second group who don’t do nearly as good of a job moving the ball on offense. 
2) He’s a big body who can move well but primarily is in the right place at the right time.  and I would argue he does a lot with what God has given him (on defense on Tatum).
3) He is already 30.  There’s not a lot of upside on his development.  He is what he is at this point.
4) He has a track record of poor performance with NO that any GM has to take more seriously than a few games of success in Dallas.

1. Melli gets to spots where he can get open, it's why Luka is finding him. And what's good about Melli is he does not hesitate to shoot, but from what we can see, his natural instinct is to move the ball and pass to a team mate who is on a better position to score. I am not expecting Melli to be score a lot, but he produces scoring opportunities for the team.
2. Melli from what I can see, is a very willing defender. Keeping in front of Tatum was impressive. The Randle and-one could have been a charge. From what I can see from all 3 games, Melli isn't a liability on defense.
3. Melli is what he is, that I would agree with. But IMHO, he isn't what he is right now. Melli might still be in the adjustment period, afterall, it's just his second year in the league. If and when he gets comfortable with Luka and the team, his productions will increase.
4. I like what I've seen from Melli. I haven't see many NO games, but Melli would thrive in Dallas more than NO.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 04-03-2021, 12:57 AM