Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
Shot selection remains shoddy. Some of these three-point attempts are not quality looks, many with 15+ still on the shot clock. Half their total attempts last night were from long range and they remain less than efficient in this area. Don't even get me started on some of the shots taken in the last five minutes of the game! The last Luka step-back from 30 feet had my remote control sailing into the hallway.

I do not recall New York defenders at any time last night having the ability to deal with Porzingis or Doncic from the foul line down. Unfortunately, I also fail to recollect Dallas leveraging that advantage for extended periods of time. You might see it for a possession or two, but all would be forgotten soon thereafter. These aren't good threes, either. The ball isn't going into the paint then back out for good looks. Hell, were we not sold the virtue of an epic pick-and-roll and two-man game? I dunno. There appeared to be a lot of 1-4 and isolation on the ball. From that, we are seeing the offense devolve into something ugly.

Obviously, this team has some talent. Yes, Luka is a mere wisp of a lad and KP is still trying to find his legs, his game. It does take time. I get all that. But that doesn't mean these issues somehow resolve themselves and I don't know that I trust this organization to act on it except to say, "Shots will fall. Things will work out."

We are not a particularly intelligent team on the floor and many of these mistakes don't take the guile of a ten-year vet to adapt or even steer clear. So yes, while I worship at the alter of #77, it shouldn't require a basketball savant to grasp that a shot like that with 25 seconds on the clock down three and NY struggling at the foul line is probably not the right play to make. I pick on the kid here, because I do expect a lot, though clearly he is not alone in catching it. This has less to do with the production of our big two as they are clearly posting numbers, but more with making better decisions on both ends of the court. And again, that's pointed at a number of players.

Coaches, too.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss - by scottsp - 11-09-2019, 01:57 PM