Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem
(03-31-2021, 11:09 AM)soog Wrote: Nico and Luka in 2018 Euroleague championship.  I haven’t watched the full thing yet so don’t have much to comment on, but I wanted to share it here just in case others haven’t seen it.

2018 Euroleague Championship (Luka v Nico)

Thanks so much for posting this. I've always heard about this game, but never watched it until now. Some observations:

1) Going into this, I expected it to be a great game, but even with that expectation I was surprised by the high level of play. Both teams were deep with skilled players, and while it's probably not on the same level as the NBA Finals, it's a better brand of basketball than the random pre-all-star Tuesday night matchup between Charlotte and Minnesota for sure. Lots of names NBA fans will recognize on these teams, as if NBA scouts routinely cull the final 4 of this league for talent. I thought the deep benches and 10 minute quarters made for more defensive energy, too. 

2) Melli was pretty damn good in this game. 

3) I was hoping that Luka's interactions with the refs stemmed 100% from cultural difference from this league to the NBA. My takeaway from this viewing was that while there is a difference, Luka was far and away the biggest complainer in this game, just like he is over here. I really hope he grows out of that. I don't think it will make or break his career, but it will help elevate American fans' opinion of him, which I find is becoming oddly important to me.

BTW, a question for my fellow old-heads: Who was the poster who used to make polls all the time and always included a "Real Madrid" option at the end of them?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't Melli be the other half of our PF tandem - by KillerLeft - 03-31-2021, 01:13 PM