Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
(11-08-2019, 11:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Everyone but KP and Luka showed they are just bench guys and proved how awful we could use a proven starter(s). 8 turnovers by Luka... Jackson 1 of 5, Wright 1-5, Brunson and DFS 1-4. Powell managed to take 1 shot (no rim running tonight!), Curry took 0 shots. 

Terribly dissapointed.

From my point of view the ball is not moving enough. Guys might be cold, because they get no touches - too often it's bring the ball, dribble, shoot or bring the ball, one pass, shoot. Hard to develop chemistry that way. They got some wins (despite chemistry isn't there) due to bad opponents and because Luka and even KP are so good. But not sure, they are a playoff team. They are still a) young, b) new as a team and c) not stacked with top-level talent behind Luka and Kristaps.

Hypothesis: Mavs purposeful lean on Luka (and some others) I-can-win-this-heroics and hope he (they) can carry the team enough not to be out of the playoffs early with team-chemistry coming along later. An alternative approach would be to have Luka do less, concentrate on getting the team together as early as possible and accept they will stack some losses. Hope they can still reach the playoffs later when the team has come together. Not sure, which will work better but I'd like to see more movement (ball and players) and stronger boxing out/rebounding on the defensive end.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: NYK (1-7) @ DAL (5-2) | Nov 8, 7:30 pm | Mavs 11.0 pt favs - by Jannemann2 - 11-09-2019, 07:01 AM