Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 11.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
22 91.67%
Knicks
8.33%
2 8.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss
I notice a patern. Every loss is on RC. Every win is on the players.
I think RC wanted to give the ex-Knicks a chance to prove themself against their former team and it backfired. I don´t agree with his decision to cut Curry minutes but the Mavs actually did not start bad with Lee on the floor in the 1st quarter.
The problem today was the lack of effort. Young team underestimating the opponent. No rebounding, no hustle and sloppy execution on offense.

Some things are obvious.

7 vs 14 offensive rebounds. First time this season that an opponent was able to dominate the paint against the Mavs. Inside scoring and rebounding both favored the Knicks. This is not only on the Mavs bigs. KP had 9 rebs. Doncic 14. Powell and Kleber combined for 10 in 56 combined minutes. The Mavs don´t have a dominant rebounding big in the paint. Bench guards/wings need to step up  and help out on the boards.

Shooting 31% from 3. Off nights happen but the problems are obvious. Shot selection (Doncic, THJ, sometimes KP). Curry only getting 12 minutes and 0 FGA. I would like to see some play calls for him. Get him involved in the offense. Seth isn´t a chucker. He won´t force shots but the Mavs should be able to create at least 3-5 good looks for him every night. Don´t see a reason why he cannot be used like Redick in his Clippers or Korver in his Hawks days.

Which brings me to my next point. Offball movement. I know that RCs offensive scheme is based around a pick and rolll motion offense but I would like to see some variation at times. High pick and roll. Horns give and go turning into pick and roll. Looking more and more like the Rockets. Morey/D´Anthony-ball.
Problem is that it makes the Mavs offense predictable. Teams are starting to pick up Lukas tendencies. They are denying the cross court pass to the corner and contain the pick and roll to prevent a lob. Forcing Luka to take a floater or finish at the rim. Luka has no problems to do both but he had some ugly turnovers in the last two games when he tried to force feed the shooter in the corner.
Some ideas:
Offball/stagger screens for Curry and KP.
Doncic postups or pinch post action with Luka as the ball screener.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: NYK (2-7) @ DAL (5-3) | 102-106 loss - by dirkfansince1998 - 11-09-2019, 03:05 AM