Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton
(02-27-2021, 01:51 AM)cow Wrote: On a bit of a weird note, there are just guys out there that don't look like they have an NBA body.  Justin Jackson is the most recent guy I had that feeling about, I just hated his posture.  You can tell Josh is an athlete but it looks like he's playing the wrong sport, at least offensively.

And that's not to say that's going to determine success as plenty of players burned out who looked like they had the perfect makeup for the NBA.

You can say the same thing about Bron that his body type doesn’t look suited for basketball. Yet he is one of the all time greatest. 

I am not as down on Green as many of you are. It was not like he was dog crap when he got a chance here. There were games he looked good and games he looked terrible. In short he looked like a young rookie. He plays hard and seems strong and athletic. Yes his offensive game looks like it has ways to go but if you are looking for a 3D player then all you need on offense is the ability to hit 3 pt shots. We don’t hear any complaints that DFS is limited offensively and Green already looks like he has more tools offensively that he has, however raw those might be right now. 

As for S Bey, one of the knocks on him was that he might be very close to his ceiling already. The draft is a crapshoot and the Mavs might be totally wrong on that but it was not as if there was zero logic in taking Green over S Bey.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Rookies G-League Watch: Green, Terry, Bey & Hinton - by hakeemfan - 02-27-2021, 02:21 PM