Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 4.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Hawks
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 26: ATL (11-13) @ DAL (12-14) | 118-117 win | 3 game win streak
(02-11-2021, 10:31 AM)omahen Wrote: The main idea was to get the ball to Young.
“It’s a play we’ve used a couple of times before,” Huerter said. “My first look was John on that back screen. When Trae got ran over, I didn’t think he had enough distance from Cauley-Stein, especially with (Tim Hardaway Jr.) on that backside. I wanted to make sure we got a shot. My next look after John would have been Trae. Trae is on the ground. My third option is Gallo and then (myself) coming back to the ball. Obviously, you look at the result and it’s not what we wanted. In hindsight, I probably could have looked at John. We have four seconds left. We still have time to get a shot. I didn’t feel like he got the separation. Obviously, you live with the results.

“I want to make sure we have a shot. I didn’t feel like he had the separation for me to throw it. It’s not the result we wanted, but you live and you learn.”

The way Trae set that screen in the video made me think Trae was not the first option.  He fully expected to be run over by the look on his face.  Huerter confirmed his choice progression with the above statement.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 26: ATL (11-13) @ DAL (12-14) | 118-117 win | 3 game win streak - by Hypermav - 02-11-2021, 11:01 AM