Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs Trade 6th overall pick to Knicks
(02-02-2021, 12:22 PM)Lukasmom Wrote: As of today the Knicks have our 6th overall pick.  Let that marinate a bit.  That alone has more value than KP right now.  Might also consider KP helped us win enough games last year to lose out on Halliburton, Cole Anthony, or Pokusevski. Bad feeling this trade is going to haunt us for years.

The assumption is DAL will stay at the 6th pick, with which I disagree. I also disagree that a pick, even a high one, is a guaranteed value. They are all a spin of the wheel, place your bets please. 

Personally, I'd rather have the playoff experience than any of the guys listed. It is now a benchmark for the team success at this point in the Luka dynasty.

Also consider the ugly fact that DAL has been notoriously unsuccessful in bringing in high talent free agents. Seems like there is always somewhere more attractive they opt for. The team's best success has been through trades, even if they sometimes overpay in assets. No worse than maxxing out an RFA like Parsons. And they usually get better results.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mavs Trade 6th overall pick to Knicks - by michaeltex - 02-02-2021, 12:59 PM