Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
(02-01-2021, 12:27 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Lebron's usage rate is 31.5 for his career with most of his seasons between 31.0 and 33.8. I could see Luka settling into such a usage rate. But honestly I don't mind Luka's usage rate being around 35. It still feels natural to me and what I think he is as a basketball player.

Yeah, I agree. I would just like to see: 

A) a much better solution in place for the stretches of games during which the opponent goes all out to take Luka out of the play and...

B) someone else out there who can bring the ball up, especially against pressure, and not look like a fish out of water doing so. Obviously, Luka CAN do this, but I think it's a mistake to build your best lineups in such a way that he MUST. I think Lebron is a good comparison for this issue, too. He can and does take over games at times by handling the ball from the play's beginning to end, but there's always another option for initiating the play. Much of the time in the latter scenario, Lebron is still the guy who actually creates the offense, but having someone else bring the ball up while the offensive gets setup gives him a chance to get into position without expending too much energy, especially cumulatively, over the course of games/the season. Additionally, having multiple people on the floor capable of pressuring the defense in transition is never a bad thing. 

It's possible that this could only require one additional player, but it might take two.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs - by KillerLeft - 02-01-2021, 12:37 PM