Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
(01-31-2021, 12:17 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: You know there were some notable players hurt last year, right?

You also know that older players tend to pace themselves and not put up huge numbers all the time, right?

Based on putting up gaudy stats, yeah - Luka is top 5. There are definitely five players (or more) who are ahead of him as winners in this league. 

He’s 21. It’s like waiting in line at six flags. He is going to be better than Dirk, and probably better than any future Maverick, too. This is a once in a franchise situation. But, he is not there yet, and I honestly believe that if people would just get that through their skulls this terrible season would be a lot easier to swallow.

I know Lebron made the playoffs his third year.

Luka is already better than Dirk. If he had Marion, Kidd, peak Chandler, and sixth man of the year Terry, the Mavs would have the league’s best record.  Last night is a good example.  29 points on 54.5% shooting and over 40% from the three. He threw in 8 rebounds and 7 assists for good measure.  I know it seems ordinary because of what we’re used to from him, but that’s a spectacular game.  It’s hard to lose when all you have to do with the rest of the roster is build on a foundation like that. There’s only a little more that Luka, any player could do.   He’ll get a little better, but the Mav’s future is not dependent on his continued development.  It’s dependent on everyone else’s.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs - by ThisIStheYear - 01-31-2021, 07:29 AM