Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break?
(01-31-2021, 12:29 AM)cow Wrote: I think Carlisle was the right guy at the right time for the Mavericks.  He was getting a veteran team over the hump after they tuned Avery Johnson out.  It wasn't always smooth sailing as I remember clashes with JKidd.  

I don't think he's the right coach for a young or rebuilding team.  He just has a hard time developing certain types of draft picks or utilizing certain types of acquired players.  It makes him a little too inflexible overall and when you combine that with the MBT shortcomings (drafting and free agent player acquisition) it can really hamstring your roster.

Yeah. That´s Carlisle´s major flaw imho and probably something a younger coach would approach differently. They are more fearless and open to the benefits of effort, fresh legs and youthful excuberance, while Carlisle always sides with the error reduction, institutional knowledge and veteran savvy.

I don´t know whether he has so many things to consider that it´s simply his one blind spot. Last night Green came into the game for garbage minutes, he hustled, played hard defense (unlike the whole fucking team), finally got some shots to fall.

So naturally I, and more importantly a motivated and happy Green, must have thought he´d be getting some minutes tonight. Nope Carlisle just takes the air out of that pumped up tire again.

I just don´t think that´s how you can develop young players. It´s like training a young puppy. If it does something right, it wants a sign of approval to motivate it, to do it again.

I for the love of god cannot understand how you draft a 23 year old Tyler Bey at 36, immediately insult him with a two way contract and then just forget about him. If you have no interest in his immediate impact (as a very old veteran rookie) and you cannot give him minutes over a hot mess like Iwundu, then why not take some f´n 18 year old.

Jahm´us Ramsey was the 2nd youngest prospect in this draft. Take him instead. He has five years of time to become a useless draft pick on a two way contract.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Has Carlisle run out of ideas/does he need a mental/physical break? - by Mavs2019 - 01-31-2021, 12:47 AM