Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs
Here’s my thinking re Carlisle: 

I think it’s possible that what we are seeing right now is an indication that he has had even more to do with the success in the last couple of years and then we previously understood. Follow my logic here, for a second.

Half of this board thinks nobody on the team except for Luka is any good, and they constantly tell us so after losses. What if, instead of those “meh” players getting hot last season, they were really made to look better than they were because of Dallas’ coaching advantage? 

If that’s the case, then wouldn’t it make sense how the lack of a proper training camp or in-season practice time this year, might hurt the Mavs a bit more than some other teams? I mean, they aren’t even doing shoot arounds most days.

Think about some of the other teams who are struggling… Toronto. Miami. Other teams with strong, detail oriented coaches.

Just a theory, and I definitely think Carlisle deserves some of the blame for not overcoming these circumstances better, so far. But, I do not think this is an indication that he is used up or too old. I think he’s just having trouble doing what he does in this new situation. Hopefully, it’s a temporary situation.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020-2021 Dallas Mavericks Will Miss The Playoffs - by KillerLeft - 01-30-2021, 03:47 PM