Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 10.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
10 100.00%
Bulls
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 12: CHI (5-8) @ DAL (6-6) | 101-117 loss
Quote:Kammrath

LaVine is putting up amazing individual numbers this year. BUT....

1) He is still just barely cracking 20 PER doing so (and has never had a season over 20 PER). 

2) He has an incredibly bad -12.3 on/off this year (-15.3 defensively...!) and in his 7 year career has only ONE season with a positive on/off impact.

My take: 

Giving up FOUR unprotected 1sts AND two swaps is something I would be hesitant to do period in almost any situation. But doing so for a player who has shown to be mostly an "empty stats" guy, a big defensive negative, and a chronic "loser" (for lack of a better term) just feels absurd IMO.

You act like things like the organisation, the teammates, the role, the age of a player all don´t matter. It´s all about your number perceptions and no context.

Who is just the 2nd best player Zach Lavine ever played with in seven years?

Is it 40 year old KG, rookie KAT or maybe Rubio, Wiggins, Markkanen, Portis, OPJ?

You can draw your on conclusion how great the teams were, when these are your 2nd options.

Three months ago your advanced stats all told me that Devin Booker was a perennial loser. That was until CP3 put all the pieces in place. We already have CP3 and Ayton, we just need a Booker.

Of course we can also do it the other way around and wait till Luka pulls a Harden on us and joins Lavine in Chicago. That will be awesome. You got a glimpse into our future with the timeout. If this team ain´t competing for titles, Luka won´t be like Dirk. Dirk had the compassion of Jesus, but he was one in a kind.

Btw it was four first round picks (2+2, not 4+2).

Do you see any of our picks being top 20 between 2021 and 2027, if we replace Brunson with Lavine? 

In 2027, our big three would still only be 32/32/28 years old, so there is no Brooklyn/Boston age disaster either. So you would basically get Lavine for a 21st and 25th pick.

I also hear ya. Okay you don´t want Lavine for two 1st round picks. Who do you want? And how do you get him here?

Cause you ain´t winning NBA titles with an ALREADY bottom half regular season offense, when the defense in the play-offs will be twice as prepared and good. 

Now you can argue that Porzingis will solve all those problems, but I don´t think he can as a creator.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 12: CHI (4-8) @ DAL (6-5) | Jan 17, 2 pm | Mavs 10.5 pt & 7.0 pt favs - by Mavs2019 - 01-17-2021, 06:16 AM