Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell
(01-08-2021, 11:38 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: I just don’t believe that.  He’s way ahead of schedule.

Sorry Dan, but what schedule do you have? Powell has looked overall a steaming pile of you know what to me. 

He's had a play here and there sure. I've really tried to be a glass half-full kinda guy, especially after our deep dive on Powell in the preseason. But I haven't seen him play an entire quarter where I felt he was even half of what he was, let alone saying he's ahead of schedule. Powell played just a hair over 10 minutes against Denver and I never thought at any point in the game "We should play Powell more". 

Lets compare him to another athlete who I felt his career was over this season and that also had the same injury as Powell in John Wall. Now him? He's ahead of schedule. His explosiveness is still there. His lateral movement has definitely waned, and he doesn't jump as high as before, but he can still accelerate past almost anyone so far. 

So I just gotta ask, what is Powell doing right now that you think is making him ahead of schedule? Is the bar that low? Or am I just not seeing something big that you're seeing?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's be real about what we had with Starter Powell - by SleepingHero - 01-09-2021, 02:23 AM