Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
8 66.67%
Nuggets
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 8: DAL (4-4) @ DEN (3-5) | 124-117 OT win
(01-08-2021, 08:17 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: We saw more good results from Luka and Brunson sharing the floor together.  The best run of the game was the 10-0 run (15-5) the last 4:19 of the third.  This is the stretch that got us back in the game (down 2 to end the third).  It also included Powell, Maxi and THJ.  We also saw a +4 Luka/Brunson pairing in the first half and a +1 Luka/Brunson pairing in the 4th.  The last two games of this occurring is in stark contrast to last season when the pairing didn't happen often and didn't work well when it did.  The Brunson w/o Luka segments have been hit and miss this season.  But Brunson with KP is killer, so I suspect that will fix itself soon.

Totally agree. That Powell/THJ end of the 3rd was an important stretch. Maybe the most important. Still, I'm glad Carlisle went back to the starting group to close the game. The way they played the end of the 4th and overtime was tough, gritty and super effective, imo. 

Also, Brunson playing well with Luka would be huge, since it basically opens the door for Brunson to have a future on this team.

(01-08-2021, 10:05 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Oh btw Luka had eight turnovers last night. Anyone care?

I cared quite a lot while they were happening, yes. I actually don't think this was one of Luka's better games. Obviously, he won. Obviously, he was good enough, and against a good team in a tight game, so obviously, he's great. 

But, yes, I want him to cut down on the turnovers, especially the really bad ones.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 8: DAL (4-4) @ DEN (3-5) | 124-117 OT win - by KillerLeft - 01-08-2021, 10:46 AM