Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman
(12-18-2020, 10:56 AM)juanc Wrote: I realy don't get the Powell hate. Powell is comming back from one of the worst(if not the worst) injuries in basketball, he hasn't played basketball in almost a year, and we expect him to be the same old Dwight he was when he got down. We gave KP time(almost half of the season) after the ACL, for example. And when it comes to his defense, the first two players he had to guard were Giannis and Towns, two of the top5 offensive bigs in the league.

I don't get the rotations either, I don't see Powell as a starter at least not the Dwight that we saw in the preseason, but just give the man some time.

Don't understand? Powell is the same 'barely good enough' player he has been for the last x number of years and he wont get any better. ACL or no ACL you're getting exactly what you going to get.

The other point of note here, is Dallas has done an amazing job of replacing the players that were not either big enough or skilled enough for their positions. Whether they be under-skilled, too small, too short, not strong enough etc--they've become more conventional and it just works better. And Powell is a hold over from that old way of thinking.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman - by luka_skywalker_77 - 12-19-2020, 12:44 AM