Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman
Powell has not looked great and the combo with DFS really puts him in a bad spot against these bigs that can score. When KP is back KP will be underneath the basket and Powell will be in a better matchup situation. Since Carlisle refuses to bench Powell maybe he will swap out DFS for Johnson or WCS to get a bigger body out there? DFS would be good off the bench with Maxi. I just think defensively Powell is in a really bad spot.

On offense Powell doesn't look great either but its a very small sample size. I do like that he is moving around pretty fluidly. I like that he added this give and go pass play with Luka which I think they are going to do a lot.

Ppl who are seeing Powell suck on defense need to know he sucked pre-injury as well but he also wasn't starting games with a tweener PF in DFS. This is really the most difficult spot he could be put in coming back from an injury having to guard two of the best offensive bigs in the league.

Ayton isn't at that level but still a good player, I expect Powell to struggle against him and certainly Davis/Lebron but I have a hard time believe Rick won't go big against the Lakers. As much as he likes Maxi off the bench it would make a lot of since to put Maxi in the starting lineup for DFS.

I don't think they like Powell's fit off the bench without a PnR maestro like JJB around. We will see.

Clippers will start Ibaka who will do well but isn't going to get a ton of offensive touches. Hornets have Zeller who isn't a big threat. Some nights Powell will be fine, some nights he is going to get torched if Rick leaves him in there.

I did see that his minutes are lower than the other starters. It looks to me that he will go with Maxi as his closer which is the right way to go. I would love to move on from Powell but I think Mavs will probably be fine with him going forward. He does do some things that help the offense, sets good screens, rolls to the basket and so on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GameThread: The Preseason Trilogy: DAL (2-1) 127 vs. MIN (1-2) Boban 3pt Marksman - by StepBackJay - 12-18-2020, 12:11 PM