Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH
(12-17-2020, 10:53 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: So, the theory is we can take someone slightly below the standard I (arbitrarily) set because Luka will lift them up a level (like he did with THJ).  I’ll buy that.  I’ve written before that Luka seems to be giving about a .3% lift to TS%.

But, for the trade (actual trade, not letting him walk as a FA) ideas to work, you have to believe that some front office isn’t smart enough to figure out what you have figured out and simply take THJ’s new found success as who he now is.  The theory gets a bit sketchy at that point unless the other team is sending back a large contract (Harris, Hield) or desperately needs volume 3 point shooting.

The other problem I see is THJ DOES play with Luka and therefore his numbers probably are real.  If so, then they are valuable.  Last year THJ was the 15th rated SG by RPM and ranks above the 85th percentile league-wide in most compilation stats.  Do we really want to get rid of that?

Seems to me that PF is the weak spot, not THJ’s position.  The absolute best team building probably fills that void while retaining THJ.  The question then becomes who and with what assets.  At that point you are probably talking about some fan fav’s.  But, Curry was a fan fav right up to the moment he yielded Richardson.  Maybe we should start looking at deals that move Powell to the bench, retain THJ and JRich and move some other pieces for that elusive final starter.

If the plan now, is to keep both J-Rich and THJ moving forward.  What is their cost next season and how much money will be have left to trade?  I'm thinking that you cant trade either Johnson or Boban this year and bring back money into next and keep both J-Rich and THJ.  So, that leaves a dollar for dollar plus 1mil trade on the rest.  Is that correct? 

If so, could we even trade for Gobert and max him and keep J-Rich and THJ next season?  If no, then who fits into that concept of keeping J-Rich and THJ next year, Draymond Green?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by Kammrath - 12-16-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by BigDirk41 - 12-16-2020, 04:11 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by Tyler - 12-16-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by aguiar95 - 12-17-2020, 10:02 AM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by chaparral - 12-17-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by omahen - 12-16-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by vfromlmf - 12-17-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by omahen - 12-17-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by fifteenth - 12-17-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: DAL Player Rankings by NBAMATH - by Hypermav - 12-17-2020, 01:50 PM