Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expectations for the 2020/2021 season
(11-23-2020, 07:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 07:19 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote: BIGGEST EXPECTATION! To not lose by 5 points or less, but actually win most of our close games. 

I still worry ab our ability to close games bc of poor FT shooting. I think KP is clutch enough. Luka really struggles to the point where I am not sure why teams don't foul him intentionally, especially in games where he hasn't shot FT's well for the majority of the game. DFS, Maxi are not going to be clutch FT shooters. Even Curry had some issues so maybe J Rich is better? His FT stats are in the 80's which is pretty good. If J Rich is a good closer we are in business. THJ was decent if I recall with clutch FT's altho he did have some misses. He is also in the 80's career FT-shooting.

Outside of FT's, just good execution is necessary. I am hoping with these guys learning how to play together that gets better with time. I do think the continuity from last year is going to really help. 

Last year was a bunch of new guys playing together and Rick trying to figure out his rotations. This year should be much better.

You can actually go back to those close games and count the miss free throws by Luka that coulda, woulda, shoulda won you a game.

Put it this way, if Luka was 90% percent FT shooter, we would probably been in the top 4 seed last season ago.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Expectations for the 2020/2021 season - by juanc - 11-23-2020, 01:19 PM
RE: Expectations for the 2020/2021 season - by FunkBoreland - 11-24-2020, 01:09 AM