Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated roster + Giannis max slot 2021
(11-23-2020, 12:21 PM)Oman Wrote: Both have one huge advantage to Dallas imho. "Come to us and you will be the main dog with a great surrounding cast we already have." And you can't deny they don't have great young pieces with Siakam, FVV and Anunoby in Toronto. Herro, Robinson, Bam and Nunn in Miami just to name a few. Not to mention top front offices and great culture. 

Dallas pitch is - "come to Dallas and be great next to Luka" (translate - Luka will make you great).

I think Miami has good, young players FOR SURE. 

You think more highly of FVV and Siakam than I do, although I do respect them. Both situations will be attractive for a free agent, no doubt. 

But, the "who's better, you or Luka" doesn't have to be in the conversation, imho. The question of "who gets the ball" does. Does Giannis see himself as a combination of Shaq, Stoudamire and Garnett (for different reasons), as I do, or does he see himself as Lebron? I watched almost every minute of Milwaukee in the playoffs, and I came away thinking "meh...that dude needs to be paired with a PRIMARY ball-handler." To me, this was obvious, but until recently (I think we had another conversation about this recently in another thread) I had assumed Milwaukee was playing this way because they had no choice. After that earlier conversation we had, I admit there's a chance they play that way because Giannis WANTS to play that way. I'm not sure, either way. 

This is a slightly different (but the difference is important) conversation than "whose team would it be", I think. But, to address your point, if Giannis looks at Luka and decides he doesn't want to play here because he's worried that he might not be perceived unanimously as the face of the team, well...in THAT scenario, I'd expect him to stay in Milwaukee, myself.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated roster - by omahen - 11-19-2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Updated roster - by Mavs2019 - 11-19-2020, 06:36 PM
RE: Updated roster - by Mavs2019 - 11-21-2020, 04:01 AM
RE: Updated roster + Giannis max slot 2021 - by KillerLeft - 11-23-2020, 12:31 PM