Poll: What is your initial desire (as it is today) for the future of DB.com boards?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Work with the Maven site and what they offer.
2.70%
1 2.70%
Have Fish redirect to this site from his main page.
43.24%
16 43.24%
Have a completely independent relationship from Fish.
45.95%
17 45.95%
Something outside the box.... (share in your post)
8.11%
3 8.11%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What should be the future of DB.com boards?
(09-22-2019, 01:06 PM)balldontliez Wrote: I know a little about SEO and if needed I can provide some temporary content as time permits.

If you want... I do have my main site.. it is in a soft launch phase right now. We have people who write about Philosophy, Religion, Politics, Sports, Music, Film, etc etc...

Qabick.com or QabickCents.com 

Now we happen to have a right wing type of political columnist, but she is done writing about politics and just switching to religion/philosophy now... I am in the market for left and right wing columnists as i am not trying to make a biased site. Infact politics is the least of what I want the site to be about. 

It is basically similar to TheRinger, in that it just will have tons of various writers and content producers who will hit all types of subject matters. I will be able to keep them categorized and have their own sections etc... 

If you are interested in writing about sports particularly Mavs? I would love to have you write on the main site too,, if you are interested. Then we would have a main article, plus a forum post to go with it. 

Then I already am getting great amounts of hits for my main site, plus this, too, together it actually would help build this traffic even more... 

Granted my site is more broad and hits all subjects, as time goes on and there are more specified content I can make each section its own type of site. Then it has a main hub... and you can view it ALL there, and/or we can also have each section and subsection have their own sites...

For instance... I have qabickcents.com as the main... then qabickcents.com/dallasbasketball is the forum for dallas basketball... I can also get qabickcents.com/sports which would be all sports and then theoretically we could also have a qabickcents.com/mavs  etc... then people could just go to the specific one they want(AND we could get a url redirect for each one too) of  course all of this is not as necessary until the site keeps growing with more writers I get on board. 

I can see how people would maybe want it to be its own site completely thats just mavs... and we could basically do that AND the other simultaneously so that traffic is even better and as we grow I can get it more specialized for each department... So we can have our cake and eat it too... .
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What should be the future of DB.com boards? - by Magickian - 09-22-2019, 01:32 PM