Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of center play in the NBA
Nice post KL. I think the takeaway should be that - the game is moving to all 5 players being able to do everything. It’s often not possible but it’s the goal. It’s not just about the center position (even though that’s where the big change looks to be happening). Just look at Luka for example. Size wise he’s a traditional 3, but he’s our point guard. He’s one of the best rebounders on the team, yet he plays the position often responsible for the least rebounds. It’s all about flexibility and guys being able to do many things well. Look at Maxi. He doesn’t come off as the best player in the world but he has flexibility. Can play 4/5, inside/outside, guard bigger or smaller and can switch on D. No reason why he can’t be as good as someone like Daniel Theis, who does a good enough job on that.

Another important point i think is Boban and guys like him still have a place. Back to my original point that it’s about flexibility. Just because Boban doesn’t fit today’s game well doesn’t mean rick can’t use his skills to create mismatches. Teams like the rockets who can only play small ball are at a disadvantage. Having MANY options to win will give rick an edge. It’s why i believe our goal will be to create the deepest team in the league with the most diverse set of talent
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of center play in the NBA - by Jason Terry - 09-20-2020, 09:28 AM