Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of center play in the NBA
(09-18-2020, 10:12 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: BTW just food for thought KL, at one time the Flat Earthers were the majority of 'scientific' thought, which meant the Round Earthers were the Flat Earthers of their day.  
That's if we use your sense of term and just tend to think the consensus of thought alone dictates that something must be right. 
Ok. carry on.  Wink

Yes, and much like you are doing in this conversation, they plugged their fingers in their ears, refusing to acknowledge what's right in front of them. Yours is the most "inside of the box" thinking on this entire forum, as you can't seem to imagine a style of play that you haven't seen for years and years. That's fine, but you're intentionally condescending about it. You keep accusing others of refusing to deal with your points, yet you literally spew one, single point over and over, never addressing anything anyone else brings up. What's worse is that yours is the most surface level, obvious component of the conversation.

I admit that I skim some of your stuff, because it's always so needlessly long, repetitive and full of weird emojis, so push back on me if this is incorrect, but have you ever actually addressed the reason Boban isn't played more? How would you guard the spread pick and roll stuff with him on the floor?  Until we have an answer to that question, the conversation is over. The post players you mention from the past were all not only serviceable defensively in the game styles of their day, many of them were actually difference makers on that end, too. Boban, defensively, might be one of the 5 worst defenders in the sport, were he played as much as you want. 

So many people make the mistake of thinking Carlisle chooses his minutes based on the 1 on 1 matchup. The truth is that he tries to play the dude (to take advantage of all the things you seem to think only you can see) in situations where he believes Boban is less likely to be involved in the pick and roll. The fact that when Boban is out there the other coach doesn't immediately go to this strategy is, in my opinion, a huge win for Carlisle, tactically, and demonstrates that he has chosen his spots very well.

(09-18-2020, 10:12 AM)Dahlsim Wrote:
(09-18-2020, 12:04 AM)omahen Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 11:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We'll see another player with that body, eventually, but I don't think he'll be nearly as limited as Shaq was.

Hello, my name is Zion Williamson Smile

Dodgy  While you guys pat each other on the forum back, let me just point out that it has nothing to do with the original point I raised.  Yes I thought of him too, but Zion is 'Shaq like', he's not Shaq. 

The question was what do you do with Shaq today, not can you use a 'Shaq like' but significantly different type player today.   Carry on.

Yes, and I answered that question in my first paragraph. My dude made a sidebar comment on a sentence from another paragraph, which was making a different point. You realize that not everything anyone thinks or writes here has to be about your weird agenda, right?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of center play in the NBA - by KillerLeft - 09-18-2020, 10:29 AM