Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111
Thanks again for your great work and dedicated game threads.  Way to work the bubble ML!  Angel 

Quote: Bobi was a team-high +16 in 17 minutes.

Sigh.  I've harped on this all season and even before as far the post-championship Rick Carlisle Mavs.  
Its really a 2 edged sword.   Coach Carlisle operates like a genius with a big blind spot.  
[Image: giphy.gif]

I created a thread on this subject predicting that Carlisle's Mavs would fail to capitalize on their one big advantage in the Match up with the superior Clippers, Size with KP, Boban and of course Luka the big guard. 

KP was playing great, despite the fact he probably played injured some of that time.  Big props to the Unicorn and to the Coach C. for the way the Mavs looked with their big TWO intact.  Very hopeful for Dallas future. 

Unfortunately, Rick doesn't have playing BIG in his bag of tricks any more and at times that what Dallas absolutely needed.  Rick just hasn't been able to leverage the 5 position inside, really at any time since the Championship Mavs lost their great BIG Center rotation that won the franchise's only NBA championship.  

Why did Boban go +10 in the first half in limited minutes only to be on the bench during the entire fateful crushing 3rd quarter?   How does that make any basketball sense? 

That said, Rick is untouchable in Dallas, I think we all know that so you MUST continue to give him a roster that fits his approach.  When they had a fully healthy roster you could see a roster that might go far within a Carlisle led system.  
Dwight Powell was on fire at one point, a promising young Brunson looked good backing up Luka and then the Unicorn emerging along with strong runs by THJ and Seth makes a case that a healthy run (which is never promised) could take Dallas far sooner rather than later.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111 - by Dahlsim - 08-31-2020, 06:15 PM