Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111
Mavs Head Home After 2-4 Series
We’ll always have Game 4

Your shorthanded Dallas Mavericks finished the season with a competitive series against the Clippers. They played with heart, fought until the end, and gave us many memorable moments.

Game Story

Game 6 got off to a competitive start. Marcus Morris was ejected after one of his punk dirty plays on Luka. Bobi had to restrain Luka from going after Morris. Doc, of course, took the view that it was just a “reputation” foul. The Mavericks had a 5-point edge after one, but slipped to a 6-point deficit by the half. 

In the third quarter, the wheels came off the bus, and the Clippers built a 23-point lead. Dallas refused to put their heads down and fought back to within 11 after three. They made a mini-run in the fourth, whittling the deficit to 6 at one point, but the Clips eventually took over and sealed the series. 

Luka was excellent and very driven. It was a bad night for the shooters to fail to show up. Bobi was a team-high +16 in 17 minutes. Turnovers, rebounding, and missed free throws continued to show up as areas for the team to work on in the coming months. 

Observations

Rick was very proud of the guys, and said Game 5 was the only disappointment in the series. He emphasized how tough it was that so many guys were missing, for one reason or another. Together with the rigors of the bubble and the social justice situation, he believes his men fought their way through a number of adversities with courage and grit. 

This series was much more competitive than I expected it to be when it began. The Mavericks gave themselves a chance in at least 5 of the 6 games, and even managed to win a couple. Provided they can stay healthy, I look for them to make a deeper run next season. 

What a wild, weird, crazy season this has been, wrapped in one of the most unusual years in history off the court. The Mavs had their struggles, but exit their season with their heads held high. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what the team does in the off-season, and cheering them on in the next campaign. 

Next. Thanks for joining me for another season of postgame recaps. I’ll post some of my impressions from the season in the next day or so. 
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 97, Clippers 111 - by mavsluvr - 08-31-2020, 02:48 AM