Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:49 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I used to think we believed in due process but I guess a 30 second video posted on social media is the new "due process" and instant hot takes will take the place of a judge and jury.

I think there are those who believe that "due process" and a fair "judge and jury" do not exist for them. Hence there is the desire to find justice through another route since the current one is broken from their perspective.

Yup attacking random bystanders, buildings, officers and setting cars on fire is a great way for everyone to enjoy justice.

Of course it's not!!! It's possible to believe that both voilent protesting is wrong, and also that there is a problem with how Jacob Blake was policed!! Mr. Blake's mom even holds that position. To believe that justice should be served on one hand does not mean that you believe violent protests are ok.

(08-26-2020, 04:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't really know what the mob wants other than "justice" but it's not clear to me what winning looks like.

I think you gotta seperate the players' response from the violent protests. They're aren't the same thing.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by fifteenth - 08-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM