Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153
(08-01-2020, 08:04 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Good write up, thanks.

Putting aside the painful collapse, this was really fun to watch and am happy the season was able to restart.

I agree the unicorn was the best player.  

Will Burke ever play that well again?  He wasn't a ball hog shooter either as he had 6 assists.  It would be great to have him consistently take JJB's minutes.

Seth, please fix whatever happened.  

I hate losing to the Rockets and their cartoon character lineups, but maybe the young Mavs will learn from this.
Good remarks. 

I think reason for optimism lies in the RAZOR-thin margin of loss here. At the end of regulation, the teams had combined for an incredible 278 points. And out of all that offensive performance from both teams, ONE more bucket, ONE more made free throw, ONE more stop -- any of those things would have changed the result, and the narrative, completely. Heck, some people would probably be plotting out the parade route.

Of course, the reason it was so disappointing is that they came so close to what could have been. If you consider the odds against losing a game when you are 7 points up with 45 seconds left, pretty much everything has to go south for that to happen. Unfortunately, pretty much everything did. That 45-second period was just a walking freak accident, in some ways. 

Anyway, in the grander scheme, there are worse things for a team in the second year of its incarnation than being on a par with the 2020 version of the Rockets. 

Hopefully, we'll see improvement in their shortcomings over time, and not just more of the same old, same old. Thanks for the views.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153 - by mavsluvr - 08-01-2020, 06:09 PM