Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
I'd like for folks to have an equal playing field (in life) and have freedom from being hindered, or even opressed, by others, including by governments, in Hong Kong, main land China and in United States (and even other places)! 

Is it ok if I think all those things at once? :-D

Also, I really appreciate the fun that NBA players have afforded me. If they want to tell me about what's important to them every once in a while, I'm game. 

Another also...Man, I think the Mavs idea for the back of their jersey's is the best! "Equality" in each player's own language!!! Love it!!!

Also yet again...Is it ok that I'm ok with cheering for cool phrases that express essential truths without having to get in the weeds about other stuff some organization thinks or without having to think "yeah! but what about ME?"?

And then, just for free, this one is really just for me, and maybe a few others...Man, if Jesus followers in North America, starting in the 17th centrury would have had dinner parties and church meetings that looked like Jesus' dinner parties, and 1st century house church meetings, where prostitues, servants, merchants, males, females, prosoners, rich folks and poor folks all sat at the same table and ate together on equal footing, rather than just mirroring the activities of the larger culture, things might have developed differently in North America. Oppressed folks could have at least had a place of safe haven, and the church in what became the U.S. would have at least had a more healthy seperation from Americanism. (feel free to ignore my spiritual/religious thoughts if you're not interested!) :-)

(07-31-2020, 10:12 AM)omahen Wrote: I wish NBA (and this forum) would be just about basketball... A little distraction from every day world problems.

That's a difficult ask since the NBA and this forum (I assume) are populated by humans! But I get you. At least the NBA and this forum are mostly, basketball, right!?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: HOU (40-24) @ DAL (40-27) | Jul 31, 8 pm, ESPN - by fifteenth - 07-31-2020, 01:36 PM