Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
Kneeling started with a guy wearing pig socks to disgrace all cops.  I do not lump all people into a category but kneeling has become a cop hating act.  

The guy in Minny was murdered by a bad cop, and I hope that cop hangs for it.  But the guy they are using as their pedastal was a bad dude too.  He did not deserve to die but he is not a role model.  Yet he is the movement.  Yet the related rioters killed a black retired police officer who was doing security for a friend and not one of these players has even mentioned him.  Why not?  

My 3 minutes to pay respects to the flag are personal and I won’t have it ruined by cancel culture.  There are a million ways players can do good and highlight their cause, this is not one of them.  They turn off millions just like me who draw a line in sand about our flag.  Once you give away a standing positive tradition like respecting the flag its all downhill.  Then kneeling wont be enough now you need to turn your back while kneeling.  Then after that you will need to raise your fist while kneeling backwards.  Then heck, we can just get rid of the US flag and we need a BLM or Antifa flag.  It will never be enough.  And it starts with kneeling to disparage all police.

There are several ways to get message across without disrespecting flag.  I am already to give up any sport that allows it.  I am sure I will not be watching NFL as they are saying they will do it.  If NBA does then I am done too.  I have weaned myself of sports these past months so its not gonna be hard to do.  

I am not alone either.  Any message they are trying to portray is lost immediately due to starting off disrespecting the flag.  Find a respectful way to protest.  Or stay in locker room and kneel.  Otherwise I’m done with sports who do it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: Shams: "Players and league have approved new format." - by ThunderMav - 06-16-2020, 05:35 PM