Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
I don’t support going into Orlando. I’m not with the systematic racism and the bulls--t. Something smells a little fishy.”
Kyrie Irving on conference call with NBA players about the season returning, per @ShamsCharania

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Irving is on the first year of a 4 year deal paying him $34MM/year on average. It is a deal he signed willingly as a free, adult male. That's over 1000x the annual income of even a $15/hr minimum wage. That affords him a lifestyle most of us can't even dream about.

If he's really about ending racism and the bulls--t, then I'd like to see him go into some of the rural counties in AL, MS, GA, etc., and spend his contract to support education to help the next generation to have a way out to break the cycle of ignorance and self destruction that goes on today. The marching and protesting will probably get some reforms enacted, but the real problem is not going to be addressed until the disadvantaged can do it themselves.

IMO, this is a bit of a grandstand play by someone who's probably not playing anyway and has nothing to lose.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: Shams: "Players and league have approved new format." - by michaeltex - 06-15-2020, 06:54 AM