Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
Looking at the standings. the Kings are tied with the Blazers and the Pelicans but ESPN just dismisses the Kings.   (no Zion or Dame imo)

They argue well anything could have happened if the season played out and the Mavericks could have had an injury or something (they did bring that up) to drop them lower in the standings.  

The thing is the Mavs were only 1.5 games from OKC and Houston.  The possibility was real for a move up if the season finished.  

I wonder what agent or group is pushing this.  I think the Zion faction is due to the fact they reached down to get the Pelicans into the "play in" but not the Kings with the exact same record.  

I would take it better if they would just be upfront and say they want to see Zion and Dame, rather than the twisted logic to say the Mavs are in the same class as the lower seeds and thus it is fair...

Heck, bring in the Kings and the Spurs.  Spurs are only .5 game behind the Blazers, Pelicans and Kings.  I would be all for getting the Spurs draft spot and a chance in the lottery if the Mavs happen to lose.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: Shams: "hope emerging of games tipping off by mid-July." - by Hypermav - 05-22-2020, 11:14 AM