Poll: Who gets the Dirkie? (vote AFTER the game)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka
84.62%
33 84.62%
KP
5.13%
2 5.13%
Delon
0%
0 0%
Jalen
2.56%
1 2.56%
Maxi
0%
0 0%
Boban
2.56%
1 2.56%
Seth
0%
0 0%
DP
0%
0 0%
THJ
2.56%
1 2.56%
Justin
2.56%
1 2.56%
Total 39 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1: WAS @ DAL | 108-100 win | Dirkie: Luka
(10-24-2019, 02:04 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: Pick and choose what you will--I couldn't care less. I do it for emphasis as i see fit, but that's not a point of contention. They got called for a double tech that was building up for more than a quarter. The last tech was for the gesture, by the book, by the rules, plain and simple. The rest is your opinion. Argue if you want, but there's nothing more to it than that.

I don't want to keep this going longer than needed, not trying to nag you or anything, and if you're tired of this little argument that's cool, it's not that important.

But I don't think "there's nothing more to it". You're right, the tech for the hand gesture is probably by the book (demonstrative and all that), and you're right that I'm espousing opinion. For sure.

But ref-ing isn't just "as simple as that". The "enough is enough" on the building chipiness between Luka and Beal is completely a judgement call. And I think most would view that judgement call as too quick on the trigger. Also, ref-ing is a bit of an art, not just a science. A good ref doesn't make things personal and figures out how to defuse the situation. Trigger happy refs that insert themselves into the product like to have little battles with the players. No matter what the book says, that ref didn't have to throw Beal out of a game where the fans were enjoying a heated, two-superstar battle.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 1: WAS @ DAL, Oct 23, 7:30 pm (108-100 win) - by fifteenth - 10-24-2019, 02:22 PM