Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
(03-13-2020, 02:08 PM)michaeltex Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 12:27 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: https://twitter.com/SharylAttkisson/stat...5696011264
So what's this?

Don't worry because only the old folks are going to die? Sorry, Granny, them's the breaks...

Just in:

All TX state offices are now going to work-from-home status until further notice. (My daughter works for the state, inside info)

I think it's fair to offer some perspective. Unfortunately lots of people die from flu every year:
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

I
t of course hits the elderly very hard. We have lost our minds a bit over this, more than H1N1 or Swine Flu which were pretty serious (Swine Flu killed young and healthy people). The NY Times published an article today that literally says 1.7 million people could die from this "worst case scenario" which is just fear-mongering and insane.

The extreme measures the US is taking is going to slow it down and the spring and summer months should slow it down as well.

Another thing to mention is that I lived in Wuhan for 2 years and I can personally attest that hygiene is non-existent there, full stop. We carried hand sanitizer with us everywhere. 15 years later the smell of hand sanitizer still ignites feelings and memories of China we used it so much. All that to say the lack of sanitation, hygiene, crowds makes it a major problem that we don't have here. Americans are probably the most germ-conscious ppl on the planet. We are willing to shut down the entire economy to close the spread of this so I am confident we will get it figured out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA suspended for at least 30 days | NCAA Tourn Cancelled - by StepBackJay - 03-13-2020, 04:52 PM