Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
COVID-19: Scrimmage games | July 23 (NBATV), 26 (NBATV), 28 (FSSW) for DAL
Italy currently has 10000-ish confirmed cases and 600+ fatalities. That's 6%, which is a hell of a lot higher than seasonal flu. USA is TBD. We'll see what the next few weeks bring.

There is no current vaccine, so pretty much everyone can get it, even if they don't show symptoms worth going to the doctor for. But if you get it, you can spread it, possibly to someone who IS susceptible, like your parents or grandparents. Reports are that serious infection turns into "bilateral interstitial pneumonia", which is sometimes fatal and even recovery is not always 100% back to where you started. With no vaccine, the only way to prevent transmission is distance. 

I, for one, applaud that the NBA management has the cojones to halt the season until they get a clearer picture of what is happening and how to manage it. I fear it's too late to prevent some transmission, but for now the teams can retire to a neutral corner and take care of themselves and their fans. I am personally disappointed to hit "pause" when the final action is just heating up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by sefant - 03-11-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by DrMav - 03-11-2020, 09:03 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by MrGoat - 03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
RE: COVID-19: NBA season is suspended - by michaeltex - 03-11-2020, 11:40 PM