4 hours ago
(6 hours ago)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I had Yaxel 5th. In a vacuum, he was the best player coming out due to his size, skill, and immense advanced stats, but age knocked him down 4 spots. I predict he easily wins ROY and will breathe new life into Golden State. They are a sleeper title contender. I can’t really fault the Mavs for passing over Yaxel since Big Mo has the best measurables in the class and great intangibles, but I do fear they will regret it.
When Luka was dominating in his first two years, I heard some say it's because he has been playing with adults since he is 14. Anyone can play with adults at a young age. It doesn't mean they'll become a Luka.
With Yaxel, the talk is he is more polished because he played so long in college. Others will catch up and surpass him in 4 or 5 years. No. Talent is still talent. The guy is clearly talented and physical. If at 36 he has had a great 12 years in the league vs someone 4 years younger right now but finds themselves out of the league or turns into just another guy after a few years, then age won't matter anymore. You'll be kicking yourself royally for passing on him.

