Yesterday, 08:42 AM
(Yesterday, 06:07 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Yaxel is a beast. Felt that in SL. Closest to Pippen that I have seen in a long time. Maybe not defensively but just that wingspan, size and how he handles the ball.
Due to his age he was not on my radar as one of the potential Mavs, but I am not going to lie. I already have second hand envy at the Dubs for getting him.
Yep. I always had an interest and would have been OK if he was chosen in instead of Rez. Not that I have negatives about the pick, I just felt like Yaxel was going to be an immediate contributor, maybe without the ceiling of some of the one-and-dones, but more immediately impactful. Not sure how he'd fit on the team Masai has built, probably create even more of a log jam in the front court.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)