05-06-2026, 08:53 AM
(05-06-2026, 06:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: OKC is such a machine. You would think playing 11 in a playoff game would cause issues...this is missing their 2nd/3rd best player too. Nope, they just keep rolling. If you squint just a little bit you can envision Ajay Mitchell being an all star. Just a second year former second rounder. They are just littered with guys acquired different ways. Just a handful of lottery picks they made.
My take on GM is find someone knows talent and then give them the resources (picks and other) to take as many swings as possible.
I think the Lakers are really coached well, I just don't think they have enough short handed. We will see if they can somehow make it a series. Tough challenge though.
As you said, OKC are a machine. More or less 15 men deep roster, where every player is capable of putting up 20 points and everyone plays defense. A result of several rebuilding years where a lot of things fell right. It all starts with the coach - I think theirs is best coach in the league by a wide margin. They got several high picks and drafted well. Even in their rebuilding years they were actually giving the players a chance to shine and were able to capitalize on several veterans whose contracts they revitalized (Horford for example).
Lakers did a good job stopping SGA and I thought they played a pretty good game. At least on defense they were really solid. But their offense without Luka can't keep up with such defensive teams. If they would have Luka, the offense would be better but defense would likely suffer, as minutes of more defensive oriented guys would be reduced. I think avoiding a sweep would be a huge success, I don't think Lakers are able to put up more. I think OKC is so much better that even if everything falls right (Lakers hot shooting night, OKC bad shooting night), the teams would be playing a close game.

