10-21-2025, 05:47 PM
(10-21-2025, 03:58 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: That was my attitude (yay moving away from heliocentric ball) until I found out the best playmaker on the team is Dangelo Russell. And he might not even be in the starting 5.
I have had similar feelings. Heliocentric ball is tough to watch, and up until last year had never successfully won a title to my knowledge. I had become pretty convinced Luka ball was never going to win a ring for our Mavs, so I am thrilled to see it go. However, I personally don't think the answer is to assemble a roster comprised of (almost) only secondary ball-handlers at best. I'd much prefer the tried and true method of convincing a lot of really talented offensive players that it's in their best interest to move the ball, rather than monopolize it. Yes, this roster is almost definitely going to pass willingly, but I think that will prove to be due to lack of alternatives more than anything else, which isn't where I intended them to be back when I complained about the heliocentric style.
I do think they'll be GREAT in transition, and on nights when the defense is working, there's a chance they'll make their opponents seem like HS teams. But, in a close game, late in the fourth quarter? I can't see the vision, at least not yet.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)