Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Rockets 128
(02-01-2020, 12:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: The Mavs were double-teaming him some, but, again, the shooters were able to make Dallas pay.

Yeah, Houston shooters were on fire and sinking threes at above average rate. Everyone is leaving guys not named Harden opened due to double teaming Harden and usually they are not so good. However, defense rotations could do much better. Several times the next guy in rotation after Harden double team was running towards Westbrook instead of just position himself in the paint or even between WB and the next shooter on a hockey pass. We were killed by these hockey assists. 

(02-01-2020, 12:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Some of the dumbest turnovers, too

So much this, I was really pissed this game. Some were really, really dumb. Wright just can't buy a lob pass to a center. 

(02-01-2020, 12:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Broekhoff (20 min) was put into the lineup because he is a physical player who can make threes

This was also a mistery to me. RC refuses to play KP and Maxi together, so because of good KP play and higher minutes, Maxi polayed only 13 and was actually very good. I don't understand what RC saw in Broekhoff to play him 20 minutes, while Maxi just 13.
(02-01-2020, 12:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Westbrook absolutely torched the Mavs in the paint

This was biggest mistery to me. He is literally the only guy on the Rockets that doesn't shoot three or you would actually be happay, if he would do it. He is also the only one that can and does post up smaller guys. Mavs chose to guard him with Seth, Brunson, Wright and THJ, so he absolutely feasted. As I ranted in the game thread - put the freaking center on him and just wait for him near the paint!!! I think he missed or get a block 90 % of time when center was switched on him. Includind all those mid range jumpers he decided to take when defense gave him more space. If I remember correctly, Mavs were making a run when Maxi was on him and he was just doing mistake after mistake.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 121, Rockets 128 - by omahen - 02-01-2020, 05:05 AM